Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I know it has been a LONG time since I have posted anything,but it seems that I never take the time and do this,but anyway........

This years hunting season was mixed with good,bad,and ugly....Talking about the weather that is. A work injury resulted in me having surgery in mid September ,which resulted in me not being able to bow hunt until late October.

My first time out was one of those"killing time" days. It was 75 degrees with a 20 mph south wind. Not very condusive for killing anything,but it was much needed time spent in the woods.After a phone conversation with a friend I saw my first deer of the evening and of the season. At frist glance I thought it was a doe,but after a second look I could see it was a buck, a BIG buck.He worked his way thru the timber and ended up 8 FEET away from the base of the tree I was in. I watied for his head to be behind a tree to draw my bow,took aim,and when he was in the wide open with a broad side chip shot I touched the trigger . As the arrow left the bow I got a sick feeling that I should have aimed lower. I was 20 plus feet up in the tree,and the deer just feet away resulted in a very bad angle. I can make any excuse I want but the result was the same. I missed. My arrow just skimmed across the top of his back, resulting in a puff of hair and the buck ran off into the woods unharmed with a little more education than he had a few minutes before.

No comments:

Post a Comment